Serendipitous

This outfit was worn on my first day back at work after Burning Man. That was a tough day, to be sure. Somehow the default world didn't seem so bad until I had to deal with commute traffic and work. That's when I realized I was having a much harder time with re-entry than I initially thought.

Generally when I feel the lousiest I end up with an outfit that looks really great, and I thought this one was no exception. The black and off-white top is one I've had for ages but haven't worn much in recent years; why I was suddenly inspired to pull it out and pair it with a skirt I also haven't worn in quite awhile is a mystery. But I love the different patterns together and the way the off-white edging on the top is mirrored in the embroidery on the skirt. The vest lightens up the whole look, and the detailing on the back is even similar to the pattern in the skirt.

This was just one of those serendipitous outfits that came together with very little effort. Which sort of made up for the fact that the rest of the day was such a struggle.

Top: Ann Taylor
Vest, skirt: F21
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Boots: All Black