Deliciously Comfortable


I bought this little jersey dress to wear at Burning Man, because just before we left I decided I needed another item with long sleeves for the cold nights. As it turned out, this proved to be an ideal dress for the cool early mornings, because it's easy to throw on to head down to the porta-potties or over to the common area to make coffee just after getting up.

Normally I'd never even think to try on one of these dresses with the stretchy band around the bottom hem, but this one looked so cute on the mannequin in the shop that I gave it a shot. I'm glad I did, because it's actually quite flattering, not to mention deliciously comfortable. The dress is gathered all along the curved line where the tie dye pattern runs, giving it shaping that this type of dress typically doesn't have.

On the playa I wore this dress with just boots and bare legs, but it's scandalously short to wear it that way for work, so for this outfit I added my tulle-embellished vintage slip and let it peek out underneath. For a nighttime outfit on the playa I added leggings (the same ones I've got on here) and the silver harness I showed you the other day. That proved to be a good combination, so one of these days I'll pair this dress with the harness again.

Dress: from local import shop P-kok
Vest: Forever 21
Slip/skirt: Glam Garb by Gunlis
Leggings: Foot Traffic
Boots: Bronx