Go The Distance


My mom gave me this adorable top for my birthday. At first glance I couldn't tell if it was more lilac or pale blue, so I decided to create an outfit that mixed the two. First I layered two of my Noa Noa tulle skirts; you can just see the blue one peeking out from under the dusty purple. The blue skirt is just a single layer and is meant to be worn like a slip, so it didn't make the outfit too warm.

For the top half, I decided to punch up the contrast since all the other colors are fairly washed-out. Once again I chose a Noa Noa item; this fuchsia cropped cardigan. I like the blend of soft and bright colors, and how each shade is different but they all work together.

The shoes actually weren't my first choice for this outfit, and I think the dark brown ones I originally chose would've looked better, but on this day I was going straight from work to meeting Fawn for cocktails, so I needed a pair of shoes that could really go the distance. These don't have quite the contrast I was looking for, but they're wearable for a long day and into the evening, including a lot of walking, so they won out.

Cardigan, skirts, tights: Noa Noa
Top: Inspired, a gift from mom (thanks Mom!)
Shoes: John Fluevog