As Intended

Here's that same open front vest I posted a couple days ago; by this time our heat wave was in full swing and the vest did indeed prove to be a great way to layer in warm weather. Behold, arms AND legs are bared, that's how warm it was! WAS being the operative word, as you'll hear a little more about tomorrow.

I took advantage of the heat to wear this linen skirt with bare legs, since it has a tendency to bunch up when I wear it over tights. It really was made for summer anyway, being an airy, open weave underneath and covered by a tissue thin but densely-woven layer on top. The dual layers mean that no slip is necessary for opacity, and yet the breathable fabric is nice and cool. I picked up this skirt last Christmas in Tulum and have been longing for weather in which I could wear it as it was intended.

I don't wear these sandals very often, mainly because it's rarely warm enough, but also because one of them makes an annoying whooshing sound as I walk; it sounds like it's expelling air when I step down. I'm assuming there are actually air chambers underneath the foot bed, one of which isn't sealed properly. Has anyone else had this problem with a shoe? Is there a way to fix it?

Top: Noa Noa
Vest: Forever 21
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Skirt: from a boutique in Tulum, Mexico
Sandals: Sofft