Birthday

Wow, this is my third birthday to roll around since I started the blog. Good thing you all remember me when I was still in my thirties! I've clearly left those far behind now; at 41 I certainly can't pretend to be clinging to the last traces of my third decade anymore. My 40's have gotten off to a great start though, and not only that, but I informed Mark last night that I fully intend to look as great as Andie MacDowell when I hit my 50's. So clearly I've still got a lot to look forward to!

A few weeks ago a package arrived for me from my mom, with this beaded belt inside. Turns out she was out shopping with my sisters, saw this, and thought it was something I'd like. Aren't moms the best?! And aren't spontaneous gifts the best too? There's something truly special about receiving a gift that was selected for no other reason than someone was thinking of you. Not that birthday presents aren't wonderful too!

When I wore this outfit, I started out with the teal skirt hiked all the way up over my bustline as shown here; I liked just having the hint of teal sticking out at the hem. But I have to admit to yanking the skirt further down before the end of the day, because the 2 layers were a bit too clingy for my liking, and the whole thing kept creeping up into the 'dangerously short' zone. I prefer the proportions of the outfit this way, but in the end practicality won out.


Skirt: LA Made
Dress: Skunkfunk
Belt: A gift from my awesome mom
Shoes: Fly London