Splash of Mustard

This was my take on Clare's adorable outfit from a few weeks ago, which I liked so much that I copied, albeit with a few necessary changes. The dress is really thin to the point of being see-through, so I added the gray skirt underneath for opacity. The dress also has an empire waist, which makes it impossible to belt at the natural waist. However, putting a layer over it and belting over that does the trick, so whereas Clare wore her top layer open with the dress belted underneath, I belted my outfit on the topmost layer. Finally, I chose  sandals instead of cropped boots because I'd been wanting to try out a socks-with-sandals look.

I liked this look (thanks, Clare!); the soft jersey layers were really comfortable and I thought the splash of mustard yellow at the neckline made the outfit a lot more interesting than if it was just a mix of neutrals. The socks/sandals combo worked like a charm for keeping my feet blister-free and still staying cool. After this I was inspired to buy some more ankle socks, but of course it had started to cool down by the time they arrived in the mail. It's just like when I wash my car (which, admittedly, isn't very often); it's guaranteed to bring rain.

On a marginally-related side note, I have a real problem typing the word "sandals;" even when I concentrate it always seems to come out as "sandlas" on the first pass. Can fingers be dyslexic?

Cardigan: All Saints
Shirt: H&M
Dress: Lady Language
Skirt: S
Sandals: John Fluevog