The Science of Absinthe



Now before you think I've gone a little too far with trying to incorporate more of the Burning Man experience into my everyday life, let me set the record straight and tell you I did NOT wear this outfit to work. Sure, it's close to something I'd wear to work, and I've certainly worn all the individual items in other outfits, but this one crosses the imaginary boundary that exists in my head. I think it's the incredibly short length of the dress combined with the harness; one or the other I might do, but not both together. Actually I'm wearing the dress over a black skirt here, but the skirt is also scandalously short and the dress is ruched up to let a little of the hem show. But I could totally see putting black jeans, or a longer black skirt, under this and calling it office wear.

Where I did wear this outfit was to the "Science of Absinthe" night at the Academy of Sciences, during San Francisco Cocktail Week. What could be better than a whole week devoted to cocktails? All week long there were different events around town at bars and other venues, culminating over at the Ambassador lounge with the Chartreuse Karaoke Gong Show. Mark and I attended the absinthe event with our friends Pete and Cat, and Laura and I checked out the karaoke gong show for a special Monday session of Girls' Night Out, during which a few too many Chartreuse cocktails were consumed. I blame my inquisitive mind -- the first cocktails were so delicious that I simply had to determine if the other Chartreuse recipes were equally good. As far as I can remember, they were.

Dress: Local import store P-Kok
Harness: Audra Jean
Miniskirt: F21
Socks: Sock Dreams
Boots: Bronx