Knot Necessary

I thought of Une Femme when I wore this outfit, since it was she who originally clued me in to this type of scarf ring; not to mention the fact that the scarf ring itself has a fleur de lis on it. I found it in a touristy shop in Buenos Aires, of all places; had it not been for one of Une Femme's foulard de la semaine posts, I wouldn't have even known what it was. It worked perfectly to secure this oversized square scarf into a loose, casual shape; I just criss-crossed the ends through the ring and voila! Tying it was, if you'll pardon the pun, knot necessary.

I borrowed this strapless-dress-over-shirt look from Sheila. Actually the dress is not a dress at all but a skirt; everything from the bottom edge of the belt on up is actually the waistband, which is meant to be folded over. But I've never really been able to wear the skirt that way and so I often unfold it and hike the whole thing up. Here I've layered it with another skirt and belted everything to keep the layers in place. These skirts have often appeared together; you can see some other variations on this pairing here, here, here, and layered in the reverse order here.



T-shirt: H&M
Scarf: a gift brought back from China
Gray skirt: S
Teal skirt: LA Made
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Shoes: Tsubo