Potential for Injury

I just loved all these soft layers together, and adding the beat up cowboy boots gave it a touch of ruggedness that kept it from looking too dainty for my taste.

As you can probably tell, the temperatures were still soaring when I wore this outfit, and the lightweight fabrics and loose, flowy shapes were just perfect for the weather. I should point out that my work attire is sometimes misleading, because while we've had a nice long stretch of beautiful weather in San Francisco, I work in South San Francisco, which is a completely different city and has in my opinion the worst weather in the entire Bay Area. So when I'm at work shivering in the gale-force blowing fog, Mark is often sweating at home while he toils away making leather goods. On this day the two cities' weather happened to converge, and I was lucky enough to be prepared.



Tunic, skirt: Anthropologie
Tank: American Eagle
Vest: Forever 21
Boots: vintage Morgan


In other news, I was completely fascinated watching this video of a pair of John Fluevogs being created. But  geez, who knew that shoemaking had such potential for injury? The fingers held perilously close to the grinding wheel and belt sander, the cutting tool pulled forcefully towards the abdomen and crotch, the open flame with some sort of plasticky substance melting on it -- all I can say is, I hope our dear friend Mr. Fluevog has really good worker's comp insurance.