Upper Hand

T

This top is the third and final item from the trip to Desigual in New York, and isn't it just gorgeous? I love long tops that have interesting details, because they're such an easy way to create a simple, casual outfit with jeans. I like the length on the longer side so that I can wear the top comfortably with my low rise jeans, and the interesting details means I don't need a lot of layering or other embellishment. This top has got a great mix of bold patterns and colors, and the metallic red ink even adds some textural interest. I still can't decide if that's Jackie O's face on the back though.

Here's another look at my new Bos and Co. boots. Up until this week it rained in SF for something like 14 days without a break, so these waterproof boots have really come in handy lately. I love clothing that makes you feel like you've got the upper hand on the elements.

Top: Desigual
Scarf: Forever 21
Jeans: Deisel
Boots: Bos. and Co.