Invincible

It isn't often I wear black from head to toe, but I figured it was time to give it a whirl. If you look at the window behind me you can see what a black and miserable day it was, and my mood when I got up wasn't a whole lot better, so I figured my outfit should follow suit.

Monochrome looks, whether they're black or some other color, are always more successful when the individual items have interesting detailing and differences in texture. For this outfit I started with my new Helmut Lang blazer because the draping at the waist creates a great silhouette. I added the chiffon top underneath because it gave the outfit some softer edges and also brought in the subtle dark blue pattern. The black leather trousers and studded boots added glossy texture and silver hardware.

I finished off the outfit with my Wendy Brandes swear rings, just in case there was still any doubt about how how I was feeling that day. In the end I think all the black actually improved my mood, because I felt rather invincible; my entire lower half was shielded against the driving rain and the rest of my outfit was closely-fitted and impervious to the high winds.     

Blazer: Helmut Lang
Top: Noa Noa
Trousers: Pepe Jeans
Boots: All Black
Rings: Wendy Brandes