Way to go, Giants!

Holy smokes, our little team up and won the championship! I still can't believe it; I've been a Giants fan since I was a little girl, and one of my earliest memories is of listening to the games on a little transistor radio with my dad. Winning the World Series was a long time coming, but it was worth the wait. I'm so proud of our rag-tag group of outcasts and misfits; this is a team that really represents the spirit of San Francisco, and it's obvious how much the city truly loves them.

Better still is the sportsmanship exhibited by both the teams and the fans during the series. We heard last night on the news that the Texas fans were really hospitable and welcoming to Giants fans who traveled to Arlington for the series, and that warms my heart. This was a contest that everyone could feel good about. This is what baseball is all about, not big salaries and bigger egos and anabolic steroids and sex scandals, just a genuine love of the sport. Who needs superstars when the team is so completely united that every guy on the roster, including the rookie, is giving it his all? 

Last night, as you might imagine, the streets were abuzz with activity; horns honking, carloads of people driving by shouting and waving orange towels out the windows, spontaneous street parties that blocked off whole sections of the streets, people out on their front porches high-fiving passersby. Mark and I went walking around in the neighborhood, and it was an evening I'm not likely to forget. Tomorrow there'll be a parade to welcome our heroes back home, and I'm determined to attend.

Way to go, Giants! San Francisco loves you! And now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to vote on the seemingly endless list of propositions that clog California's ballot every election...

Dress: F21 (formerly a turtleneck, but I chopped the neck out and left the raw edge)
Vest, skirt: F21 (wow, I didn't even realize this whole outfit was F21 until just this minute)
Tights: Hue
Shoes: Faryl Robin
Necklace: from a shop in Prague
Revelers last night in the Lower Haight.