Grounding Influence

I had the combination of this cardigan and floral dress in my head for awhile; in fact, after the last time I wore the cardigan I jotted down the idea on a post-it note and stuck it in my closet to remind myself. When I finally put it together though, I found that the dress was a bit too long for the proportions I wanted, so I pulled the same trick that I used the other day with my pink strapless top; I took up the excess length by folding the dress at the waist, and secured it underneath the stretchy belt.

I had previously thought this cardigan could not be worn with a belt, but out of necessity I gave it a try; it was either that or start all over with a new outfit. I think it actually worked really well with this; the neutral belt has something of a grounding influence on all the bright color and pattern of the cardigan and dress, and ties in the socks and shoes quite nicely.


The socks reach up to just above the knee; this kept the outfit from being too warm, the skirt being a dense wool. I finally managed to get some photos of this skirt that show the color; every other time it has always looked black when in fact it's a deep olive green.

Cardigan: Anthropologie
Dress: 90's romper altered into a dress
Belt: Audra Jean
Skirt: Noa Noa
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Joy Chen