Baseball Uniform

This was my "show your Halloween spirit and Giants spirit all in the same outfit" outfit. In fact I wore this out to The Independent, where Laura and I went to watch Game 2 of the World Series last week. What a great time that was; normally the Independent is a music venue, but they also have a giant projection screen up on the stage and that night the floor area was set up with tables and chairs. Admission was free and the beers were cheap, which certainly is a lot more than you can say about seeing the game live over at AT&T Park.

Whenever I think of baseball uniforms I think of pants tucked into knee high socks, so that's what I did here, using tights to approximate the look of form-fitting sliding pants. The dress was chosen simply because the colors were right; to me the off-white trim softens the look of the orange and black, and also follows the colors of the Giants uniform. And yes, the dress is orange even though it appears tomato red in the photos.

Dress: Oral Kiely
Cardigan: Express, a gift from my aunt
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Tights and socks: MP, via Sock Dreams
Shoes: John Fluevog