Stitches


Sorry for the unexpectedly long absence there, but things just caught up with me. Last week we were finally able to take Spencer to the vet to get his bum knee fixed (we had to wait for him to stop growing); he had a torn CCL and needed a TPLO procedure. Don't feel bad if you have no idea what any of that is; the bottom line is that the surgery went really well and we're counting down the days (just 5 more left) until he gets his stitches out and has a recheck to make sure he's healing properly.

He's still looking handsome, even with his leg in a cast.

Since then we've had our eyes on him all the time, trying to prevent him from chewing at the stitches or jumping around and doing further damage to the joint. So far so good, but 7 more weeks of this seems like forever at this point. The harness he's wearing in the photo has a handle on the back so we can help him on and off furniture and up and down the stairs. 

Over the weekend I headed to Sacramento to visit my family, leaving poor Mark to deal with all the dog drama by himself. And then of course, I have my upcoming trip to Lisbon and France quickly approaching, but thankfully by the time I leave next week, Spencer will have his stitches out. Plus by then Mark will be a pro at handling Spencer by himself -- at least that's what I tell myself.

I've still been getting dressed and going to work, of course. Here I blended the soft browns and olive, and used the splashes of pale pink to bring in some contrast. The belt is one that came off a sweater, but it happened to match perfectly with the brooch. This was also another tights-layering exercise, with olive green fishnets over sheer black hose.

Jacket: thrifted
Top: Noa Noa
Skirt: All Saints
Boots: from Scoop in Copenhagen
Brooch: a gift from my aunt