Hairstyle Inspiration

Lately I've been growing my hair a bit longer and letting the bangs grow out into a long layer. Today I tracked down a few photos of the styles I'm inspired by lately.

This is Anouk Aimée with Marcello Mastroianni in La Dolce Vita (1960). I never understood why his character became so obsessed with Anita Ekberg when he could have Anouk; I thought she was by far the more beautiful and the more interesting of the two characters.

 Here's another one of Anouk. The European actresses in the 60's had the best hairstyles. 

Need more proof? Check out Gina Lollobrigida, looking sultry with her loose curls and dramatic eyebrows:
The bangs are shorter than I want, but the style is still gorgeous.


Here's Sophia Loren with a relaxed, messy hairstyle. 
This is a look that says, "I was perfectly coiffed this morning, 
but then I had an afternoon romp with my lover and got a bit mussed. 
Now be a darling and fetch me a drink."

And who wouldn't want a hairstyle that says that?

As a bonus, here's what Anouk looks like today:
 Still a knockout, no?
 And she still has great hair.