Christmas at Easter


Most of this outfit was a Christmas gift. As I mentioned recently, I spent Easter weekend in Sacramento visiting my parents and sisters who were visiting from Oregon, and the rest of the family who lives in the Sacramento area. As we generally do, we had a very belated exchange of Christmas gifts when we got together. Personally, I like Christmas better in the spring; the weather is better and the flowers are blooming, which seems much more celebratory to me.

The dress, belt, and tights were among my Christmas gifts. It's a good thing having a sister who works in a boutique clothing store; she picks out all the cutest stuff. This dress will make a great summertime piece, but for the rainy day I layered it with a long-sleeved shirt and rain boots.

The bag is a recent score from Crossroads Trading Company. It's almost brand new and even came with its certificate of authenticity; it was also marked down 50% from its already rock-bottom price, so I got what was probably originally a $600 bag for a mere $23.

Bag: Botkier
Dress, belt, tights: gifts from mom and sis
Shirt: Promod
Boots: Aquatalia