Triumphant

Sorry to go MIA last week; I've been miserably sick and didn't have the energy to come up with anything even vaguely interesting to post. Here's an outfit from healthier days; it features my new Helmut Lang blazer, with which I returned triumphantly from New York.

As I told Sara, Sal, and K. Line when we were out shopping together at Barney's, I have long felt that Helmut Lang clothing is designed specifically with me in mind. Just look at the blazer's draping, asymmetry, and tailoring that is impeccably fitted but not constricting; it's perfect in every way. The fact that I snagged the very last one, that it was on sale, and that when the cashier rang it up it was further discounted to less than half the original price were all wonderful bonuses, but the fact is that I would've gladly forked out 100% of the original price, I loved it that much when I tried it on.

When it gets back from the dry cleaner I'll do a show and tell about the gorgeous Helmut Lang dress that I also got at Barney's for a fraction of the original price. I only wish I had K. Line's flair for storytelling; she tells my shopping story with so much more drama and excitement than I ever could. 

Also included in this outfit is a long, white slip that I found while thrift shopping with my mom in Salem, Oregon, which makes this long dress far more wearable with tights. The lacy hem poked out a little from the side slit, but I decided not to care; it was well worth it not to have the dress stick to the tights when I walked. 


Blazer: Helmut Lang
Dress: Forever 21
Boots: All Black
Necklace: local import store