Enamored

This sheer shirtdress arrived via Gilt just before I left on my trip, so I didn't actually get to wear it until after I got back. And let me just say, I am absolutely enamored with it. The waist can be adjusted by pulling on the ties in the back, so I can control how snug or how loose the dress fits. The sheer silk chiffon feels very elegant, and I just love the way it moves when I walk. I've already got another outfit lined up for next week that uses this dress.

I ended up wearing a variation on this outfit when Laura and I went out to see Peter Murphy in concert (who still sounds amazing after all these years, btw). For our evening out I swapped the jeans for black tights and wore a short black dress (more of a slip, really) instead of the tank I have on here.

To hide all the bra and tank strap action that was visible under the sheer chiffon, I added this lacy shrug. The neckline is just low enough to pair perfectly with the bow at the neck of the dress.








Dress: Fremont
Shrug: a gift from my sister
Jeans: Joe's
Boots: All Black










And because I think everyone could probably use a good laugh on a Friday afternoon, I thought I'd share a video by Canadian comedian Jon Lajoie (how could he not be Canadian with a name like that?), who Jess played for Mark and I when we were up in Seattle. To me the funniest comedy is the kind that points out truths, and this video perfectly sums up exactly how I feel about 99% of music that's played on the radio (which is why I almost never listen to the radio). Be forewarned that the lyrics contain a lot of swearing, so it's NSFW unless you've got headphones.