The Last Straw



Here are Jess and I, all dolled up at our friend Lisa's wedding in Seattle. In the interest of wearing all the new stuff I bought in New York as quickly and as much as possible, I swapped the dress I brought with me to wear for this one, from the All Saints store in Chelsea. Jess looked fabulous in her 50's style wiggle dress, and I'm crazy about that burgundy Coach bag of hers. It's an evening bag, but it actually has room to hold stuff, unlike those pointless, tiny clutches that can barely hold your lipstick and some cash, let alone a camera. I ended up bringing a regular full sized bag, I got so frustrated trying to jam all my crap into my evening bag.

This was the night that I realized that these shoes have really got to go. I've had them for ages, and in many ways they're great, but no matter what modifications I try they destroy every pair of nylons or tights I wear with them. Just as usual, when I checked midway through the evening I had a run starting at one of the toes, even though I had chopped my toenails back as far as I reasonably could without drawing blood. I've bitched about these shoes before, but this time it was finally the last straw.

I also wore my new Helmut Lang jacket, since it was cold that evening. Looking at it now I feel like I could easily make this dress/blazer combo into a daytime outfit if I combined it with nude legs and something more casual than satin shoes.

Dress: All Saints
Blazer: Helmut Lang
Shoes: Steve Madden