Versatile


This is a near recreation of an outfit I wore during my travels in Europe recently. On one of the warmer days in Lisbon I wore the tunic/belt/pants combo with sandals, and later in the trip when it was cooler I wore it with black boots and a yellow cardigan. Here I tried to create a hybrid between a warm/bright colors and a cold/layered outfit, because although we're well into spring now, we're still getting some colder days. Sometimes I feel like I could rename this blog, "Seasonal Dressing When the Weather Refuses to Cooperate."

This little tunic is magical in its ability to bridge colors I would've otherwise never attempted to pair. The cardigan is sort of a salmon-coral color, and putting it next to tomato red would be an impossibility were it not for the multitude of shades existing in harmony in the tunic. Pieces like this create a huge amount of versatility in a wardrobe.

This is my recent new haircut, and this time my hairdresser added a few dark purple streaks. She weaved them in underneath the top layers so that I can show them a little, or a lot. My hairstyle is now as versatile as my clothing.

Cardigan: Anthropologie
Tunic/belt: gifts from mom and sis
Jewelry: Metal Pointu's
Pants: Michael Kors
Boots: Bronx