Relics


I assembled this outfit in my head one morning while I was in the shower. I've noticed that I do a lot of my best thinking in there; there's just something about the steam and the hot water that gets my brain going. If I could do my job entirely from the shower I'd be one hell of an employee, though I guess in that case I wouldn't need any snazzy outfits.

Have you tried outfit planning in the shower? It's quite a time-saver, since you otherwise can't really multi-task while getting clean. It also beats standing there shivering in my robe for 10 minutes while I stare at my wardrobe.

I love all the silver details in this outfit -- the zippers and eyelets on the vest, the buttons on the skirt hem, and the studs on the boots. The skirt, which I've had for ages, looks like it was made to go with the vest. The sweater is also many years old, so it's great that the vest breathed some new life into a couple of closet relics.

Vest: Cotélac
Skirt: Banana Republic
Boots: All Black
Ring: Metal Pointu