Redundant Cabling


I've been searching for a cropped black cardigan like this one, literally for years. My perfect little black cardigan from Old Navy, which has gotten tatty looking and is losing its stretch, has proven to be remarkably difficult to find a suitable replacement for. I was lamenting this fact to Sal during her visit, and less than 24 hours later I found an even better one during a chance stop at Sunhee Moon. This one is superior because the fabric is stretchier, and the sleeves are 3/4 length.

What's funny is that at some point I'd become so determined to replace that sweater that I actually started to knit a new one myself, until I realized 2 things: (1) it's pointless to hand knit a black cabled sweater, because the black hides all the nice cable work, and (2) knitting sweaters sucks. This sweater doesn't have any cabling, but if you click over and view its predecessor, which does, you'll see what I mean about the black making it redundant.

So now after all those years of fruitless searching for an exact match for the original, as well as the hours I wasted knitting a still-unfinished sweater, I realize I should've been looking for a flat knit all along,which would've been easier to find in the first place. Learn from my mistake; if you're going to go to a lot of effort trying to find a sweater with patterned knitwork, save it for the lighter colors where the pattern actually shows up.

Cardigan: Survival
Dress: Promod
Tights: Hue
Boots: Ekko