Scenes from Strasbourg and Paris

Today I thought I'd share the highlights from my trip to France. I'll keep the text sparse and mostly let the photos speak for themselves.

Strasbourg calls itself the Capitol of Christmas, and boy do they mean it. 
These people take Christmas fucking seriously.


The awesome cathedral in Strasbourg.

This picture is a little blurry, but it gives you some idea to what extent the streets in Strasbourg are decorated for Christmas. 
If you think the exterior decorations are elaborate, try going inside some of these places.

One of the canals in Strasbourg.

Once I got to Paris, I spent my first evening and night just wandering around looking at the Christmas lights and window displays along the Rue Saint-Honoré and the Champs-Elysées.

My hotel was just one block from the Place Vendôme, which made a great starting point for my walk.

Each different area seemed to have its own unique Christmas decorations.

The window displays at John Galliano were absolutely magical.

Christmas lighting along the Champs-Elysées.

 I can't remember which store this was displayed in, but I thought that the shearling jacket, sequin dress 
and suede fedora was such a great combination. I can totally see myself wearing this outfit.

Clearly this was after my first shopping day, and as you can see I didn't waste any time wearing the new leather vest. This outfit was perfect for the cold weather but wasn't too bulky to go shopping in. I added a scarf and gloves when I was outdoors, and brought along a hat, which I put on after the sun went down. Rather than wearing tights I wore my thick ponte knit pants under the dress.

 I just had to take a look at all the beautiful designer clothes at Au Primtemps. 
Item that broke my heart by being out of my budget: a gorgeous little bag from Zadig et Voltaire.

 A beautiful day up at Monmartre. 

A guy was playing Pachelbel's Canon on the harp outside the Sacré Cœur. 
One of those magical Parisian moments.

 Sunset at the Place de la Concorde.

 A view from the Tuileries Gardens.

 The perfect end to my last evening: a nighttime stroll around Notre-Dame.