Hemmed In

This is the last you're going to see of this hair color for awhile; at the end of the day I when wore this outfit I emailed my group saying that I was leaving early and was, "off to do something radical to my hair." You'll see just how 'radical' I got tomorrow.

This dress was another hemming project that I completed last weekend. As much as I love this dress I was never quite happy with the length, and I wanted the option to layer it and add some contrast at the hem. Over the weekend I had a couple of other mending projects, which got me inspired to dig through my wardrobe and see if there was anything I could spruce up with some simple alterations. The skirt I posted yesterday was one, and this dress was another. If you look closely you can see that I hemmed the dress using a contrasting thread (navy blue) in a heavy, decorative stitch. This made the hem look a little more interesting, with the added benefit that the heavy stitch hid any little mistakes in the sewing. Keeping a perfectly straight sewn line, especially on a stretchy fabric like this one, is not one of my strengths.

Dress, belt: Red Dress Shoppe 
Tulle skirt: Noa Noa
Shoes: John Fluevog