Getting Away With it

Yeah, leather pants in August; it really is cold here. I think today it might have hit the high 60's, but unfortunately I was stuck inside for all but 5 minutes of the day and couldn't enjoy it. At any rate, I had a great excuse to pull out these seldom-worn leather pants and layer up a sweet-but-tough look.

This "dress" is scandalously short to be worn as such, but it makes the perfect means by which to soften the impact of the leather pants. These pants are nicely fitted and really show off my bum to its fullest potential, but for work I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with displaying much more than just my leather-clad legs in these babies. For a night out yes, but not at the office. But here I've used the longer length of the dress, combined with the interesting blend of colors and layers, to make the top half of the outfit the focal point. The pants become part of the background over which to highlight the pretty details in the dress and cardigan.

By combining these pieces I was able to use two items that otherwise I'd never feel comfortable wearing to work: the tight-fitting leather pants and the super-short dress. I just love feeling like I got away with something.

Cardigan: Anthropologie
Dress: Anthropologie
Pants: Firetrap
Boots: All Black