Pistol

After the film noir festival the other week I was feeling very femme fatale, so I put together this outfit using a couple of new items I got recently from All Saints. This is the Heta Hunting jacket and matching skirt, which together make a beautiful suit that to me has a very 1940's vibe. I added my own classically-styled fedora (with a proper brim, mind you; none of this stingy-brimmed hipster nonsense) to give it more of a vintage feel. All I need is a tiny pistol in my garter and I'll be all set.

As with all of All Saints' clothing, this suit has loads of beautiful details. The high-backed collar, the origami folded lapels, the asymmetrical draping on the skirt and the deep blue fabric woven throughout with faint gray lines all give these pieces a timeless quality. Since the neckline on the jacket is so dramatic I opted not to add a necklace, instead just letting my lace-trimmed cami peek out a tiny bit. The olive green cami, with its tiny red bow detail, tied in the rest of my olive and red elements.

This was my first order from the US All Saints site, so I'll share my observations. First, the sizes on the US site are indeed listed in the UK equivalents, so for instance if you order a size 10 you're getting a US 6. Shipping from the US was inexplicably slow; in fact, I've ordered things from the UK site and had them show up more quickly. And finally, the dress I ordered along with this suit still had the security tag on it, so now I have to haul it down to the store on Geary Street where hopefully they can remove it for me. All in all I've had much better experiences shopping on the UK site, but I'm hoping that this was just a fluke. Either way when shopping online with All Saints it's a good idea to check both sites; not only is the stock different but sometimes the prices vary greatly too.

Jacket, skirt: All Saints
Camisole: Glam Garb by Gunlis
Tights: Hue
Shoes: Faryl Robin
Hat: Audra Jean